Post Stroke Rehab Care - 1 Day
A growing body of evidence indicates that patients do better with a well-organized, multidisciplinary approach to post-acute rehabilitation after a stroke.
The Course will help you to:
Aid people's road to recovery and return to community living after leaving the hospital. It will help you learn more on the types of challenges, rehabilitation services, and assistance available for stroke survivors and how best you can help them.
There can be fear, apprehension and uncertainty about what your patients face in the aftermath of stroke. Questions often arise about what life changes to expect and how to gain control and independence in everyday living situations.
There are many conditions that may develop after a stroke. Most are common and will improve with time and rehabilitation. The course will help to make you:
- Become aware of the common effects of stroke and how to improve your patient's physical and emotional well-being.
- Learn more about common conditions, their treatment and tips for managing your patient's new challenges.
Following a stroke, lifestyle changes can be anything from:
- How to have a healthy diet.
- Managing the right weight.
- Learning to make your patient’s physically active with regimen suited to their needs.
- Learn more about the different lifestyle changes that can occur after stroke and how best to manage them.