Heart Failure Study Day
This day is aimed at healthcare workers who are involved in the care and management of people with heart failure, both in the acute and chronic phases of the condition.
At the end of this day we hope you will have a better appreciation of how to diagnoses and treat patients with heart failure regardless of how you encounter them. A typical patient journey will be used to facilitate your learning process.
Topics to be covered:
- Heart failure what is it and who does it affect
- Cardiac anatomy refresher and changes in heart failure
- How to diagnose heart failure
- Common aetiologies and how they affect treatment.
- Acute management of heart failure
- Chronic management of heart failure
- Advanced therapies for heart failure: Devices and Transplant
Cardiac Nurses, Junior Cardiologists, District Nurses.