Echocardiography Assessment of Cardiac Valve Disease – Theory and Practical Application - 1 Day
- To understand the use of standard echocardiographic techniques in the assessment of the mitral, aortic and right sided valves.
- To understand the role of echocardiography in the assessment of valve function in a range of pathological conditions.
- To develop the skills required to acquire high quality images in patients that require an assessment of the cardiac valves.
- To develop the interpretation skills required to report mitral regurgitation, mitral stenosis, aortic regurgitation and aortic stenosis.
- Valvular Heart Disease
Aetiology and echocardiographic features in:
- Stenotic lesions
- Regurgitant lesions
- Prosthetic valves including percutaneous replacement
- In order to establish whether all the learning objectives have been met the students will be assessed by observation of practice. A set-criteria will need to be achieved before completion of the course over a range of patients where an assessment of the cardiac valves is warranted.
|AM||Assessment of the Mitral Valve|
|Assessment of the Aortic Valve|
|Assessment of Right Sided Valves|
|Assessment of Prosthetic Valves|